Hey there, Internet. Lately, we’ve been thinking a lot about what it means to manage a workplace – not the people in it (HR-style) but the environment itself. How do we craft, refine, revise, and grow the best place for our unique brand of thinkers to come together with our clients?
Inspired by some of the best thought around creating exceptional experiences, we’re putting together a team focused on making the reality of Undercurrent as compelling and engaging as possible. We’re looking for people to work on the entirety of what encountering our company means – everything from what it’s like to walk through the front door, to the logistics of our daily workflow.
And we’re searching for some fresh faces and true expertise to help us execute on this vision. We’re looking for senior (five-to-seven years exp.) and more junior people to join our team (three years plus). If you think you (or someone you know), might be right to help UC deliver on our mission of creating an Ever Better Future, read on…
Joining our Experience team means taking on a brand new role with us, focused on creating experiences for both our employees and our clients. You’re right for this job if you’ve got a background in service – you’re currently working in hospitality, or a member/client/guest relations job. Here are some more clues that you may be cut out for this line of work:
- You’re excited by collecting and connecting pieces of information about people, relationships, places, and things. Your friends describe you as a “social savant.”
- You curate experiences for people. You’re the one people rely on to book the best/most appropriate restaurant for dinner, invite the right mix of guests, and make it happen. Seamlessly.
- You’ve got an eye for detail, and the precision to do detail with excellence. You love process and are always looking for ways to improve methods (especially yours).
- You are self-aware to a fault. Integrity is a value you hold in high regard.
- You’re a team player. While you can work autonomously and you know how to be a soloist, you prefer to collaborate.
- You’re good in the present and enjoy getting things done here and now, but you cannot help but look three weeks, six months, one year, and five years ahead to map out your game plan.
- You take pride in being behind the scenes making the magic happen.
The role you’ll play
On a macro level, your job is designing, inventing and coordinating experiences that improve the way we live and do our work. On a micro level, your days will involve projects like figuring out how our office could better suit the needs of our strategists, transforming the way we operate as a small business, or ensuring our clients feel like every meeting in our space is the best meeting of their day.
Who we are and what we do
Like the rest of Undercurrent our Experience team comes from an array of disciplines – diversity of perspective is something we actively look for during our hiring process. Our current Experience team draws on backgrounds in psychology, architecture, and anthropology . We all share a passion for experience design and creation.
What we offer
Working on the Experience team at UC means working in a mission-driven culture that provides you with the autonomy to get your work done, and the opportunity to shape and influence the systems, mission, and processes around you. We’re actively looking to improve the experience of doing what we do, so we want pragmatists who understand the challenges of building something great. With competitive compensation and benefits tuned to achieving a work-life balance, we’re looking for enterprising individuals who relish the opportunity to play a role in creating excellence.
Your mission, if you choose to accept it
If Undercurrent sounds like it might be the place for you, we encourage you to send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org – and introduce yourself. Tell us who you are and why you’re interested in becoming a member of Undercurrent’s Experience team.
Back to top